Vidarshana Buddhist Vihara has a detailed Annual Programme explaining our yearly activities but have summarised these below:
Contact on 0401 633 601 to arrange services and check out the events page to find about the upcoming events.
- Visiting devotee homes for blessing ceremonies and almsgivings (luncheon – ‘Dana’); Monks are usually provided transport back and forth from the residence by thedevotee
- Chanting Buddhist Scriptures in private residences of devotees and at the residence of the monks
- Blessing at wedding ceremonies at external locations as organised by the devotee's or their families
- Blessing the newborn; These blessing ceremonies may take place at devotees’s residences or at external locations as organized by the devotees
- Teaching Mindfulness Meditation: Resident monks practice daily meditation from 7am to 8 am
- Spiritual counselling: Time to time devotees would seek advice and counseling from the monks, individually or as a couple or as a family unit
- Regular Holding Buddhist Scripture/Dhamma classes for children alike conducted at external location
- Counselling the young, aged and disabled in the community: This activity can be conducted via phone or by face-to-face interaction at family unit level
- Interacting with the Buddhist families to inculcate in them the manner of a respected and disciplined lifestyle according to the Buddha’s Doctrine; This activity can be conducted via phone or by face-to-face interaction at family unit level
- Conducting blessings for the sick at their homes or if necessary and appropriate, in Hospitals
- Conducting bereavement ceremonies conducted at external funeral parlors or external premises
- Monthly Sill Observances for each Full Moon Poya
- Daily Buddha Puja and Weekly or Monthly Dhamma Sermons
- Annual Special Katina Pooja Event.